The boys enjoyed swimming with the Timuquana/Yacht Club River Rats this summer. They both did very well in their age groups. We didn't bring home any gold medals, however the daily practice, hanging out with good friends, and the meets throughout the summer kept us busy and challenged. Here's Jimmy swimming backstroke at the Cecil Equestrian Center during the grueling 3 day City Championship event. I think he won this heat.
During the previous swim meet in Arlington, one of those obnoxious Screamer-Moms ( you know the ones I'm talking about, they lurk around the ball fields, the recitals, the school programs.... you just want to tell them to BE QUIET!) caused a false start during this 50 meter breast stroke heat. You'll see Johnny closest to the camera.....
Oh my! I guess that was me! Oops! Unfortunately, most of those kids swam all the way across the pool before they realized it was a recall! Now I keep my mouth shut .......
well..... only until AFTER the horn blows! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment