8/13/08
Miami... Sailing and Skatepark action!
Right after school was over, the boys and I headed down to Miami to hang with JF at his temporary home in Coconut Grove. While the boys spent a week in camp at the Coconut Grove Sailing Center, JF and I explored Biscayne Bay and the surrounding islands.
The camp had 40 kids, and they spent 95 % of their time on the water!
Here's Jimmy after a big day of sailing...
Here's Jimmy sailing #17, his crewmate had never sailed before and was a bit timid... Jimmy had it under control.

Lunchbreak out on a sandbar.... they de-rig and tie up the boats out in the bay and swim, eat and play `til lunch is over....
Here's Johnny with a pretty good lead...
This camp made the kids haul, clean, rig and de-rig the boats everyday..... good discipline!
JF's condo in the Grove is walking distance to the Yacht Clubs and also this very cool skatepark. Johnny and Jimmy scootered, skateboarded, and ripsticked for hours and hours and hours!JF and I drank coffee, and I read my book... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment