9/4/07

Welcome!


Well, after reading http://www.suitcasekids.com/ for 2 years now, I've decided to create a blog for our family. Melissa's blog is all about Jimmy, Melissa, Veronica, and Ashlynn's exotic and unusual adventures in and around the Netherlands. I have laughed and cried on many occasions, feeling like maybe they weren't on the other side of the world afterall. Thank you Melissa for keeping me so close to you!

I'm creating a blog not because we are world travellers, not because we live in a different culture, but mainly because I am so lousy at keeping in touch with each of you on a regular basis. And I feel guilty. Photos say much more than words, and I don't want to clog up your e-mail accounts with large photos that take forever to download or are too huge to see. So, you can come here whenever you're bored and see what we're up to. I'll try to include the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Really, living with John and the boys is actually hilarious! So while I'm still young enough to laugh about it, I thought I'd share our regular everyday life in an everyday world. Maybe you'll laugh, too.

So, welcome!

8 comments:

Mrs. Snead said...

What a wonderful idea!!!! I have a blog for school but never really thought of a "family" blog...but why not??? Thanks for sharing.

Fer

Chris said...

Believe it or not I have never hit or written on a blog! This looks wonderful. Maybe if I understand how and what to do, our family may decide to "blog it" as well. I look forward to visiting often.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

This is wonderful! I think you will find that you will have a lot of fun with this. It is a great way to keep everyone informed.

Charlie

Monkey Feet said...

Doobs,
You did give the sighjt an appropriate name! Other suggestions could be "The Shaggy Fuels", or "Carrot top and the Pips".

Thanks for sharing.

Monket Feet

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!! Red is my new favorite color!! Bring on the pics and adventures!! Love ya, miss ya,
Jay

Anonymous said...

This is great! I'm glad I'll have a way to keep up with you guys!

suitcasekidz said...

Too cute! Glad I helped inspire you. Just be warned--blogging can be addicting. Being surrounded by boys, I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to find plenty of things to write about. Look forward to keeping up with your adventures.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I clicked on the link from Melissa's blog. YOU LOOK AMAZING!! Good going. xoxox Lise