9/17/07

World's best vacation.....

I'm flashing back to May of 2007, not only because I'm disorganized, but also because I don't want to bore you with 3 albums full of photos. (If I already have, I'M SORRY!) When school was out this summer, we left for Holland to see Veronica, Ashlynn, Jimmy and Melissa. What a fabulous time! Melissa is tour guide extraordinaire... we saw more of the Netherlands than anyone can possibly see in 5 days! They live in Leiden.. halfway between Amsterdam and the Hague. These pics were taken in their hometown...Yes, they have windmills, Yes, they actually spin around.....


We climbed 7 flights of stairs to get to see this one up close......( that blade is movin FAST.... )
And YES, they have WOODEN SHOES! Doesn't JF look like he's right out of a story book?


The best way to start a journey thru Europe is being able to stay in a home away from home!The pic below is from Jimmy & Melissa's dock in Leiden. They have an awesome 3 story waterfront home that is a six minute walk to the train station. Trust me, if you try to get there in 5 minutes, you probably just missed the train!

Our great friends Mis and Dan Dekay from Ponte Vedra Beach (AKA "the Boulevard") joined us for the first half of our journey,this was their first night in the Netherlands. ....Notice the variety in clothing.... Jimmy and the kids paddled in canoes from downtown and then went swimming..... however Melissa, Missy and I are freezing cold and layering up for our cookout.... ! The weather there is quite unpredictable! But we lucked out with lots of sunshine! Melissa, Jimmy, Deb, Missy, Dan, JF, and in front Johnny, Ashlynn, and Jimmy.